Individual membership is open to UK-based women who are working, training, or wishing to work in traditionally male-dominated manual trade. Membership is currently free to individuals, although some services (such as advertising in the Find A Tradeswoman’ directory) carry a small charge (see below).
Women and Manual Trades individual membership includes the following benefits :
- A fortnightly ebulletin, featuring job vacancies, events, training opportunities, and news from WAMT
- Access to business support through specially-organised events (such as our one-day Self-Employment workshops)
- Invitations to Tradeswomen’s Networking Events. Recent events have included a talk on how to market your business to older people, and a trip to the Stonemasonry workshops at Canterbury Cathedral.
- The chance to advertise in our online ‘Find a Tradeswoman’ directory (this carries a charge of £30 per year).
- A vote at our Annual General Meeting – where you have the chance to have your say on WAMT’s work and governance.
Associate membership is open to organisations – including construction companies, colleges, training providers, voluntary sector organisations, employers, and housing associations – who support our work and aims. Individual Associate Membership is also available to people (women or men) who are not working or training in the trades, but who support our aims.
Associate members do not have a vote at the AGM, and cannot advertise in the Directory. They do, however, get :
- Advertising for free in our fortnightly ebulletin – a way to promote your events, job vacancies, or training
- A company logo (with a link) featured on the Associates page of this website
- Invitations to all our events and Networking evenings
- Tailored advice and help from WAMT staff, where needed – previous assistance given to Associates has included, for example, compilation and distribution of a survey questionnaire directed at women in the trades
Associate membership begins at just £70 per year, and all proceeds go to supporting WAMT’s work.